Saturday, September 22, 2012

Basil and Peanut Butter Sandwich

I know what you're thinking.  Marsha-Gail, you're getting a little carried away now.  I know you're extra excited about your basil plant but Basil + Peanut Butter ?!??!  You are doing the most.  


Side note:  One thing about being a new gardener is that you get so excited about charting this new course of cultivating plant life that you forget that other creatures in the natural world will become just as excited as you.  I happened to find that out when I was picking some leaves for this sandwich.  
I love plant life.

I began to wonder why I felt movement on my elbow..................Whoa there, buddy:

Don't worry yourself darling, I can share.  :)


I was thinking the same thing when I found this recipe on Minimalist Baker the other day.   These two extremely strong flavors weren't really coming together in my mind.  The thing is, I LOVE Peanut Butter and I LOVE Basil.  So I took a chance.  I like getting out of my comfort zone and trying new things, ya know, so this became Thursday's lunch.

What you'll need:
5-7 basil leaves
Peanut Butter
Two slices of Multi-grain bread 


I love myself some 7 and up multi-grain bread!

Spread the peanut butter over the slices.

Layer one side with the basil leaves.

Put the two slices together!

Slice and enjoy!


If my little green friend gets too excited, I might have to ask him to leave.  :(  For now, he's not a big problem so I'll let him have a couple freebies.   :)

Thank you for reading!  My people, I appreciate you all so much.  Be healthy and happy.  Ciao!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment