Saturday, September 22, 2012

Mushroom and Broccoli Risotto

I've been fascinated with this dish for a while now.  Risoootto.  I just love the way it sounds when you say it.  It sounds like it supposed to taste delicious.  The thing is, I've been shying away from making this because all the recipes I've seen say that it is time-consuming.

I am not down with that.

The only time I am down with time consuming recipes is when it is two days till a special Thursday in November or two days till December 25.  In regular everyday life, I need simple and I need quick.  So it came to me one day when I was thinking what I was going to cook for dinner and I realized risotto didn't have to be time-consuming.   Or at least with the version I came up with.  If we are considering technicalities, this is in no way real risotto.....but if we are considering appearance, texture and comparable deliciousness, I'm right on the money.   Let's do this:

What you will need:

2-3 cups of cooked brown rice
One 5 oz package of baby bella mushrooms
1/2 of an onion
1 head of broccoli
3 - 4 cloves of garlic
1/4 cup water
1 tomato
1/2 cup cashews
1/2 - 1 cup water
1 tsp sea salt
juice of one lemon

Chop onions, garlic, tomato, mushrooms and broccoli.  Saute onions, garlic and tomato first for 5 minutes.  Add broccoli and 1/4 cup of water and let simmer for 5 mins.  While the veggies are cooking, blend the cashews, water, lemon and salt until smooth.  This will serve as the cream for the risotto.  Once veggies are cooked and create a natural sauce, add the cooked rice and mix.  Add the cashew cream and mix together until everything is incorporated.  Squeeze a little more lemon on the top for a nice tang.

Enjoy!

Thank you for reading!  My people, I appreciate you all so much.     Be healthy and happy!  Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment