Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Ringing in the New Year!




My people!   Can you believe how quickly this year has come and gone?   In my opinion, I am still waiting for the other half of 2012.  It was like woooooosh.........then, Bam! 2013. It's just amazing how much has happened this year and there is so much that I am thankful for:

1.  Breathing
2.  Having my ten toes
3.  All my 5 senses working and equally so
4.  Seeing the Sunshine almost every morning in Sunny San Diego
5.  Loving my life
6.  An amazing mama
7.  Amazing sisters.....my roll dogs
8.  Blue Skies with Clouds that are so picturesque that they look absolutely fake
9.  The opportunity to tour the East Coast like I was somebody during the spring
10.  Being able to apply and get into medical school (What! What!)
11.  Green Plants
12.  Moving to the West Coast without drama
13.  Awesome old friends
14.  Lovely new ones too
15.  Fresh Air
16.  Bangin' Bird Food
17.  Flowers, my obsession
18.  More blessings of Dios
And the list goes on.  Practicing gratitude makes everything worthwhile and life ten times better.  

This year is going to be BANGIN'!   Why?  Well, I've been pondering on some cool ideas and I'm pretty excited to introduce them as year moves along.  I'll be:

  • Continuing the Bangin' Bird Food Eater Series because sharing is caring :) and sharing stories is how we connect and find inspiration.  
  • Introducing an entertaining series titled, "Transforming the Trusties", which documents my experience sharing the Bangin' Bird Food lifestyle with the Trusty family, a family that I love dearly.  You're bound to have some funny and interesting stories to share when Jamaicans and the words "vegetarian/vegan" come together! 
  • Starting a Pinterest and a Tumblr account to make it easier for readers to follow the blog and keep track of recipes and posts they like.
  • Starting the "The Real Series", a series of posts aimed at debunking the many myths of bangin' bird food eating and answering such questions as, "So, where do you get your protein?" or "Don't you only get calcium from milk?"
  • Highlighting the goodness of all the incredible edible plant life we have on this planet.  I'll showcase one vegetable, fruit, nut, seed, legume or other plant life and it's specific beneficial content (micronutrient/macronutrient quality) so you know why it's good for you and why it makes sense to eat it.
  • Most importantly, hoping you get as hype as I am about Bangin' Bird Food because it is an incredible life!

All of this will be here for you, my people.  So you can have a great time making one of the best decisions of your life! :)

Photo Credit:  Time and Date

It's 2013 and it's going to be BANGIN'!  Let's gooooooooo!



2 comments:

  1. Happy 2013, Marsha-Gail! Your blog is great, and I love how you call your readers "my people". Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete