Sunday, September 9, 2012

Green Smoothie

Wadup, my people.   One of my previous posts shared the workings behind the green goodness I have come to know as green juice.   It's amazing in so many ways.  Today, I have another green concoction to share with you.  It is almost like green juice but a little more hearty.   This is what I call a green smoothie.  In comparison to green juice, which is water-based, my green smoothies are milk-based.  Some people make their green smoothies without almond milk or other non-dairy milks but this one just makes my life.  It is just as easy to make, if not easier, than the green juice and has the same benefits.  The added benefit from green smoothies is that they can serve as a meal because it consists of a lot of foods that satiate your hunger like bananas, almonds (nuts), spinach and kale.  Let's do this

Bangin' Green Smoothie:
Almond Milk/Kale/Spinach/Banana/Blueberries/Strawberries

1 cup of almond milk
1 banana
1 handful of spinach
1 handful of kale 
1 cup of strawberries
1 handful of blueberries




There might be only three steps to this recipe.  First, blend your milk, bananas, strawberries and blueberries.   Second, add your kale and spinach.  Third, blend until smooth.   Boom.  Bam.  Done!    That is a complete zero on the difficulty scale and I'm glad because the less stress, the more likely you are to try it.    Occasionally, I will add some flaxseeds, which provide you with good fats (omega-3), high levels of natural antioxidants that your body needs and tons of fiber.  These little babies bring it!  It gives the drink a nuttier flavor, which I like, but it's not for everyone.  Sometimes, I also add a little bit of honey if I want a sweeter taste.  So give it a try and tweak it as much as you want..........just get those greens in!   I only nag because I care.  :)


Enjoy!

Thank you for reading!  My people, I appreciate you all so much.  Be healthy and happy.  Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment