Monday, December 3, 2012

Pineapple Ice Cream

............................................................................................................................................................I'm sorry.  This ice cream is so bangin' I couldn't even type for a while there.  I LOVE ice cream.  Like seriously.   I have two loves: ice cream and as you may know by now from previous posts, peanut butter.  If they somehow stopped making peanut butter, I think a grocery manager would unfortunately leave work one day with a black eye.  So the love is intense as you can see.   Now, when it comes to making homemade ice cream I am not really all that excited about it because I don't have the right equipment as yet.  One day I will be the proud owner of an ice cream maker.  My sisters tease about being a Walmart in the future because of all the appliances I will probably accumulate.  I can't help it.  I like blenders and food processors and juicers and possibly dehydrators and panini-makers and....Okay, that'll do Marsh!  So at first I kinda shied away from the homemade ice creams.  All my previous attempts left me with flavored ice and for me texture has to be right so it just wasn't working out.  The thing about this recipe was that it was silly easy and actually quite good, even in texture.  My sister was surprisingly getting kinda hype about it and she is usually not a fan of my blended anything.  The icing on the cake was topping the ice cream with granola, the original bangin' bird food.  The combination........I mean..............It. was. so. GOOOOD!  I took this recipe from one of my cookbooks, Ten Talents.  It's like a plant-based cooking bible, like no joke.  It's a school on paper....teaches you everything you need to know about plant-based cooking, nuts, grains, herbs, seeds, sprouting, canning, dehydrating, etc.  It's craziness!  I tweaked it since I didn't have all the ingredients it required and it came out just fine.  Let's do this:


1 cup raw cashews
1 1/2 cups pineapple juice
1/4 cup plain soymilk
1 cup pineapple chunks or crushed pineapple (canned or fresh....Of course fresh is always better)
1/4 cup cold-pressed coconut oil
1/4 tsp of sea salt
1/2 of a fresh lemon
2 tbsp - 1/4 of honey (depends on how sweet you want it.  I actually didn't add any honey because the juice and pineapples were sweet enough)

Throw all ingredients into the blender and blend until smooth.  Remember my little trick of grinding the nuts first and then adding the liquid.  This makes it much easier especially if your blender is not a Vitamix.  Pour into a container and freeze.  Thaw for 20 mins before serving or when folk start getting ansy and start asking what happened to dessert.  Top with some bangin' granola.  Enjoy!



Thank you all so much for reading.  My people, I appreciate you all so much.  Be happy and healthy. Ciao!


No comments:

Post a Comment