Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Pizza Party!!!!

The recipes I've created for pizza are some of my all-time favorite meals.  I love bready, starchy, crunchy and chewy food, so it just makes perfect sense.  My chiquitas came over to hang and chat and laugh and chill and most importantly to EAT!  So I decided to go with my favorite pizza recipe and a new one that I thought of earlier in the day.  We had Butternut Squash and Caramelized Onion Pizza and a new one, Fresh Greens Pizza.  

Deliciousness.

Check out the recipe for the Butternut Squash and Carmelized Onion Pizza!

Fresh Green Pizza

2.   Pizza Dough
2 cups of whole wheat flour
1 cup of oat flour 
(I simply blend my oats in my magic bullet)
2 tsp  honey
1 pkg. of active dry yeast

1 tsp. sea salt
1 cup warm water
1 Tbs. olive oil

3.   Toppings
2 - 3 plum tomatoes, sliced
1/2 onion, diced
1 zucchini, sliced
a handful of spinach

Let's start off with the cheese sauce.  Follow the recipe linked above. It's crazy easy.  

Next, let's tackle the dough.  Go ahead and preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Measure all the ingredients for the dough, mix them together and knead the dough for 8 mins.  Let the dough rise for an HOUR.  A good place to store the dough while it is rising is in the oven, near the stove or under light.  You can also freeze this dough for future use.  After the dough has risen, roll it out onto a pizza pan and shape the edges.  Bake the dough for 15 mins.  Remove the pizza and spread the cheese sauce on top.  Begin arranging the toppings on the pizza. I start off with the sliced tomatoes, add the sliced zucchini then sprinkle the diced onion on top.  I also like to add a sprinkling of garlic powder.  Bake for 25-30 mins.  Cover the pizza with fresh spinach leaves.  

Dinner is ready! 



Butternut Squash and Caramelized Onion Pizza


Fresh Greens Pizza.  I love how huge those leaves are!

As you can see......

....we ate well.  :)




Food and friends make all happy!


One last thing:  Share this!  :)

Thank you for reading.  My people, I appreciate you all so much.  Be healthy and happy.  Ciao!


No comments:

Post a Comment