Saturday, February 1, 2014

Light and Tasty Waffles

I know, I know.  Yes, I haven't been posting in a while.

Please forgive a hard-working student..................................................so that's why I decided to bring you a present today:  The EASIEST, TASTIEST, NON-JUNKY waffle recipe you've ever tried.  





I came up with this recipe over the summer and it has been perfect every time. The proportions of each ingredient just work incredibly well with each other.  Crunchy and firm but not rock hard.  Delicious nutty multi-grain flavor.  Just perfect. Simple.  Jamaican grandmother approved.  This recipe is good to go.

1/2 cup of whole wheat flour
1/2 cup of oats
1 tbsp of flax seed
1 cup of non-dairy milk
1/4 cup of orange juice (fresh-squeezed or bottle)
1/8 tsp sea salt
1 tsp of coconut oil
A little less than 1/4 cup of vegetable oil
*Makes 2-3 servings

There are two ways you can do this.

1.  Throw everything in a blender.
2.  Blend the oats separately then mix all the ingredients together.

Pour the batter onto your waffle maker, let it cook until steam no longer escapes, plate aaaaaaaaaaaaand ENJOY!  These are great with berries and other sweet watery fruits.  I usually throw on strawberries, blueberries and kiwi.   You can also add fruits to the batter.  I've made some bangin' blueberry waffles with this recipe.  Lastly, this batter can also be used for pancakes.  Waffles and pancakes are basically the same thing just a different form.  Water and ice if you will.

I wouldn't say this pic is Gourmet ready but you can't deny how delicious those waffles look.   I didn't.  I ate them. :)

Thank you for reading! My people, I appreciate you all so much.  Be happy and healthy. Ciao!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Waffles never looked so good, Marsha! You really have a talent in cooking. I love how those blueberry waffles are so easy to make. Thanks for giving us the step-by-step procedures. Happy eating! :)

    Faith Thomas @ The Berry Farm

    ReplyDelete