Tuesday, October 29, 2013

My "Make a Bangin Salad" Formula

So I have come to know the truth..................................that a salad can be one of the tastiest, most diverse meals you could ever throw together.  I use the phrase "throw together" very intentionally because none of these salads induce cortisol production.  Zero stress.   They are THAT easy.  :)

So here is the basic formula :

Veggies + Dressing + Herbs (+/-) Sprinklings (+/-) hot (cooked) component = Bangin' Salad

With this easy formula, I have been able to create a wide variety of salads that are all delicious and satisfying.

Veggies - This can be ANYTHING.  Any plant life that can be eaten raw.  I usually include:

  • Red Cabbage
  • Spinach
  • Kale
  • Romaine Lettuce
  • Carrots
  • Avocado
  • Onions
  • White Cabbage

Dressing - The most basic is lemon juice and EVOO.  It's my go-to dressing and it works every time. Sometimes, I add a little water to hummus and that becomes an amazing thing.  So glad I figured out that trick!  I also try a little balsamic vinegar from time to time, a little honey mustard over here or a little non-dairy ranch over there (I'll be posting these dressings soon enough). But I tell you.....lemon juice + EVOO will never lead you astray.

Herbs - There are so many to choose from but I usually include:
  • Cilantro
  • Thyme
  • Italian Seasoning

Sprinklings - This is often optional and can vary from nuts to grains to fruits.  I often use:
  • Dried Cranberries
  • Strawberries
  • Blueberries
  • Tortilla Chips
  • Pumpkin Seeds
  • Sunflower Seeds

So let's do some math up in here:


Ideas
Veggies
+ Dressing + Herbs
+ Sprinklings
+ Hot component
+ Responses as you eat
Bangin’ Idea #1
Kale + Spinach
Avocado + Lemon juice + Salt + Pepper + Italian Seasoning
Pumpkin Seeds
Baked Sweet potato
Amaaaaaazingness!
Bangin’ Idea #2
Kale (Dinosaur or Green) + Carrots + Red Pepper + Red Onions
Lemon juice + Salt + Pepper + EVOO + Thyme
None
Edamame
Deliiiiiiciousness!
Bangin’ Idea #3
Romaine lettuce + Tomato + Red Onions + Avocado
½ a lemon

Crushed Tortilla Chips
Beans
I am now actually in Heaven!
Bangin’ Idea #4
Red Cabbage + Red Pepper + Tomato + Avocado
Lemon juice + Salt + Pepper + Cilantro
None
Edamame
I must marry Marsha-Gail immediately!
Bangin’ Idea #5
Spinach + Red Onion + Tomato
Dijon Mustard + Honey + Apple cider vinegar + EVOO
None
Baked Russet Potato + Seasoned Tofu
Life without bird food is no life at all!
Bangin’ Idea #6
Romaine lettuce + Red Cabbage + Tomato
Lemon juice + Salt + Pepper + Italian Seasoning

Seasoned and Seared tofu
If you ever put a Whooper in front of me, I will smack you to the ground!


Some of the masterpieces:
























Thank you for reading!  My people, I appreciate you all so much.  Be happy and healthy.  Ciao!

1 comment:

  1. I found that math chart pretty interesting idea. Thanks Marsha for sharing these awesome recipes. There are times when I feel like trying something new at my kitchen. You can share more of such posts. I am subscribing you for future.

    Regards,
    Mantis
    Raspberry Ketone Juice

    ReplyDelete